KYJESSAM-L Archives

Archiver > KYJESSAM > 2005-07 > 1120304276

From: Knott Historical Society <>
Subject: Re: [KYJESSAMINE] Jessamine County website
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 07:37:56 -0400

Pat,

I have a special affection for Jessamine County, being an alumni of
Asbury College. There are so many nice people in Jessamine County and
it is an attractive county. KET did a special this week on High Bridge
and interviewed a local historian with the surname Bunch. Is he
connected with the Jessamine County Historical Society? Not only do the
college and seminary have excellent libraries, but many of the churches
have excellent records. I found the documentary on High Bridge and the
locks very interesting. I've heard they are moving Ichthus Festival
into June - that's a good idea.

David R. Smith, Pres.
Knott Historical Society

wrote:

>I was glad to meet both you and your wife at the JessFest (along with
>everyone else). We did not have quite as many people this year, but it is still fun
>and the people who came had a good time. I had a good time at the
>Historical Society doing my quilt square and gabbing with everyone. Every JessFest
>feels a little different, but they are all wonderful. I hope everyone
>makes a point to attend one in the future (every June).
>
>Pat Hunt
>Secretary

This thread: