KYJESSAM-L Archives

Archiver > KYJESSAM > 2002-03 > 1015341726

Subject: Re: [KYJESSAM] Johnson family
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:22:06 -0500

Hi Marilyn,

I know of your Benjamin Robinson, but know nothing of his personal life.
You sound a lot like myself. I am never just content with just names and
dates. I want to know what these people had for dinner. It is
surprising of what you can find out about them. I never will forget what
got me hooked on history. I can remember the very day. The wife and I
had just moved to Jessamine County. This was in 1962. I was out walking
one day and came across this old cemetery. As I recall it was cold that
day. I took my foot and raked the dirt and debris off one of the old
gravestone. It was a fellow named Thomas Woods, and he had been born in
1750. I wonder how my life would have been changed, if I had walked
away, and dismissed Mr. Woods from my mind. But, I didn't, and I am not
a bit sorry for it. I have met a lot of great people, that I would have
never known. Both dead and alive. And too, why should one be content
with the short 70 years or so we have on this earth, when in your mind
eye, several hundred years.

Clyde
Jessamine Co., KY

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!