KYHARLAN-L Archives

Archiver > KYHARLAN > 2003-04 > 1050868963

Subject: [KYHARLAN-L] Re: Scott/Hicks/Maggard in Harlan
Date: 20 Apr 2003 14:02:43 -0600

Surnames: Scott/McKnight/Neal/Dixon/Gilliam
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/3AB.2ACI/5869.1

Message Board Post:

I believe that my gg grandfather, Henry Scott, may be the brother to your Hezekiah Scott.

This is the information I have:

My ggg grandfather, Jesse Scott, married Mary (Polly) McKnight on September 18, 1839 in Lee County, VA. Jesse Scott was born 1818 in NC and died January 23, 1863 in Harlan. Mary McKnight was born 1812 in Ohio?. She was the daughter of James McKnight and Mary Neal. This was Mary McKnight's second marriage.

Children of Jesse Scott and Mary McKnight are:

1. Henry Scott, b. 1842 in KY or VA. Henry married Elizabeth Dixon in 1867 in Harlan. Elizabeth was born 1848 and was the daughter of William Dixon and Mary Gilliam.
2. William Scott b. 1844 in KY.
3. Austin Scott b. 1845 in KY. Austin married
Patience Rice
4. Amanda Scott b. 1848 in KY. Amanda married Jesse Holcomb.
5. Windfield Scott b. 1850 in KY.
6. Hezekiah Scott b. 1853 in KY.
7. Nancy Scott b. 1855 in KY. Nancy married Hiram Raleigh.

Henry Scott is my gg grandfather and his son, John S. Scott, is my g grandfather. I don't have any further information on Henry Scott's children. John Scott was born 1869 in KY and married Malinda Catherine McKnight.

Does this sound like your Hezekiah Scott? I don't have information on who he married so I am not sure. Please let me know.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Shirl

This thread: