KSCHASE-L Archives

Archiver > KSCHASE > 2005-08 > 1123978542

Subject: Re: Jesse H. Beverlin --1870 Census Lookup
Date: 13 Aug 2005 18:15:42 -0600

Surnames: Beverlin
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/ol.2ADE/211.1

Message Board Post:

Have you checked the Chase Co., Kansas, website at http://skyways.lib.ks.us/genweb/chase/? It is excellent and you will find numerous entries for the Beverlin name there.

At www.ancestry.com:
1870 Cottonwood Twp, Cedar Point P.O., Chase, KS, p:6B; 2 Jul
#11/11
Beverlin, Samuel, 63 VA, farmer, $1600/555
Elizabeth, 40 VA
Andrew J., 21 VA, farm laborer
Amanda, 10 VA
Jane, 8 VA
William C., 3 KS
(unnamed male), 1/12 KS - twin
(unnamed male), 1/12 KS - twin

There was also a Benjamin F. Beverlin, 16 VA, in the household of the Jonathan & Mary A. Wood family at Diamond Creek Twp, p:12A/B.

There was no Jess, Jesse, Jessie listed anywhere in Kansas with a wildcard search unless he was one of the twins.

A quick check of the 1880 turned up only two: Jesse Beverlin b.ca 1862 IN, son of George W. & Sarah in Randolph Co., IN; and Jesse D. b.ca 1868 WV, son of Israel A. & Elisabeth in Taylor Co., WV.

I am no relation. Just saw your query and I've had help in Chase County so am returning some of the favor. Good luck.

This thread: