KSCCHGS-L Archives

Archiver > KSCCHGS > 2006-01 > 1137430180

From: Freida Wells <>
Subject: 1930 - Large Confirmation Class
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 08:49:40 -0800 (PST)

1930, May 15 - Sedan Times Star

Large Confirmation Class

Sunday morning Rev. C. B. Cromwell, Rector of Epiphany church, presented a class of fourteen to Bishop James W. Wise, for confirmation . The rites of baptism was administered to Paul Philip Stough, preceding the church service. The Bishop addressed an impressive message to the new communicants and to the large congregation assembled. Music was rendered by the vested choir, Miss Lillian Michael, organist.

This is the third visitation Bishop Wise had made to this parish since the advent of the present rector, who came here a little more than a year ago from Peoria, Illinois. On the occasion of each visitation, Rev. Cromwell has presented a class for confirmation. Those in the class for confirmation were: Mrs. N. B. Wall, Mr. and Mrs. Leon Baker, Mrs. Mida McSpadden, Gertrude Estelle Loomis, Jeanne Spencer, Mr. and Mrs. Roy Baker of Moline, Albert Loyd, Roy Giles, Chas Mertz, Billy Baker, Os. Bowhan and Ed Puckett.

** Note- Ed Puckett was my Grandfather. This is the first time I had found where he was confirmed into the church. He and my grandmother joined the M. E. Church when they lived in Elgin prior to 1927. Now if I only had his confirmation papers.

Freida

Yahoo! Photos