KITCHEN-L Archives

Archiver > KITCHEN > 2006-11 > 1163409782

Subject: Re: [KITCHEN] Kitchen family Canada
Date: 13 Nov 2006 02:23:02 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/okm.2ACEB/966.1.1

Message Board Post:

Hi, Bob:
Thanks for your quick response to my query. The reason that I am following the possible PA lead is that the family's spoken history includes the information that the family were Pennsylvania Dutch, and in addition, the Canadian Census from 1861 on includes the family as German or Pennsylvania Dutch. There is some record of a Kitchen man marrying into a Pennsylvania Dutch family, and that was also a possible lead, but there has been no connection as yet to that branch coming up to Canada. As you also stated, some of the Kitchens came to Canada as U.E.'s and that too had been long included in the family verbal history. You can see how sometimes a little too much information might be misleading. There are fairly complete records of the UE's that came into south western Ontario by the name of Kitchen, but as yet, I have not been able to verify the names of the parents of Jonathan Kitchen, born in an unknown place, in approximately 1829, nor of the parents of his wife, Phoeb!
e, who was a few years younger. This genealogy thing is a real pleasure to take part in, as I follow the many leads of all the branches of my husband's family. Hopefully this thread, between 1800-1840 will also one day be complete.
Thanks again. Marg. Kitchen

This thread: