JOY-L Archives

Archiver > JOY > 2008-12 > 1230148740

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [JOY] Help with--Joys of Newfoundland and Massachusetts
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 19:59:00 -0000

Author: murbirds1
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.joy/631.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi,
Follow up to my previous emails.

Looking at my records it appears your parents were Mar joy Penney and Edward Joy of Holyrood.

Your grandmother was Margaret Deady Joy, married Capt John Joy. She died in 1891 at age 37 years, leaving 8 young children.

Your great grandmother, my great great aunt was Margaret Strapp-Deady-Joy, born in the 1830s. She married a Capt Patrick Deady(died at sea on a trip to New York City- remarried to James Joy of HR Main)

Your great great grandparents- my GG GP's were Patrick Strapp (1792-1866). born County Tipperary and Alice Deady Strapp (1792-1885 born Kilmacow County Kilkenny.

I have a photo we took of our 'Auntie' Strapp Deady Joy' headstone, she is buried in the Strapp plot in Avondale, Conception Bay.

Pat

Important Note: