JOY-L Archives

Archiver > JOY > 2008-12 > 1228591274

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [JOY] Help with--Joys of Newfoundland and Massachusetts
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 19:21:14 -0000

Author: murbirds
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.joy/631.1.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi,
We are well aware of the Joy's.
My mother was a Strapp from Harbour Main.
I was born in St John's.

Our great great grandparents Patrick Strapp and Alice Deady Strapp had a daughter Margaret Strapp born 1830- she married a Capt Pat Deady- they had 3 children- Capt Deady was lost at sea.

Margaret Strapp Deady remarried in 1867 to James Joy of Hr Main.

One of Margaret Strapp- Deady-Joy daughters from her first marriage, another Margaret(Deady), in later life married a Capt John Joy of Holyrood- this Margaret died on 20th Jan 1891 in Holyrood, at the age of 37 years, leaving 8 children.

Please contct me direct at my email for additonal information.

Regards, Pat

Important Note: