JOY-L Archives

Archiver > JOY > 2008-12 > 1228186735

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [JOY] Help with--Joys of Newfoundland and Massachusetts
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 02:58:55 -0000

Author: tghump1
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.joy/631.1.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi,I read your message tonight as I was trying to make sense of names my mother had given me. She was Margaret Joy from Holyrood. Father was Edward Joy. Her grandfather was John Joy, a twin whose brother died at the age of 2. My great aunt, Agnes Joy, moved from Holyrood to be housekeeper for her brother, Father James Joy, who lived in Port au Port and built a beautiful church which is still standing today. I would like to hear more of your connection to the Joys. I was raised in Port au Port and now live in BC and am interested in our family's geneology. Do you recognize any of the above names?

Thanks, Georgie Humphries (nee McCormack)

Important Note: