JONES-L Archives

Archiver > JONES > 2003-08 > 1060218024

From: jschulke <>
Subject: [Jones] Early NC records Wills
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 21:00:29 -0400

Jones,

245. FREDERICK JONES 9 Apr 1722 - 26 Mar 1 723 (before C.
Gale) Of Chowan Precinct. "sick and weak in body"
Eldest daughter JANE -my Indian girl Nanny, negro woman
Dinah & her 3 children, diamond earrings, etc. Daughter
MARTHA -4 young negroes. Daughter REBECKAH -4 young negroes,
diamond earrings, etc. These above 3 legacies when they come
to age 21 or marry. Eldest son WILLIAM HARDING JONES -land
on south side of Roanoke River which was part of 9100 acres
& my lands in Hyde Precinct, Albemarle Co., Beaufort & Hyde
Precinct. Son FREDERICK JONES -my land in Craven Precinct.
Son THOMAS JONES - land in Chowan Precinct on Mcherrin Creek
& land on north side of Moratuck River in sd precinct which
was part of 9100 acres. Sd 3 sons -my slaves, as they come
to the age of 21; my "library of books". My brother THOMAS
JONES gent. of Virginia to sell my land in King William Co.
Virginia & money to my 3 sons. Brother- 10£. Other legacies.
Ex. brother THOMAS JONES, sons WM. HARDING JONES & FREDERICK
JONES
Wit. SARAH STEWART, ROG. HAZARD, JOHN ANSLEY, E. MOSELEY
Codicil: Other legacies to wife & children. Friend EDWARD
MOSELEY of Chowan Precinct -pistols. (date torn). Witnessed
by SARAH STEWART, ANN MOSELEY, E. MOSELEY

246. ISAAC JONES 7 Jan 1734/5 - 31 Jan 1734 (before Gab.
Johnston)Pasquotank Precinct. "very Sick and Weak in Body"
Wife MARY -bed, horse. Eldest son JOHN -plantation, land
joining FRANCIS MARTIN, Crooked Run Bridge; bed, gun, sword,
cane; mulatto boy Sam "after your mother's decease"; my old
plantation where JOHN WALLIS lives. Son ISAAC -my little
plantation which CHARLES KIGHT cleared, joining Fork Bridge,
Crooked Run Bridge, THOS. LUIS; bed, pot, cow & calf. Son
NEHEMIAH JONES -land joining Fork Bridge, ROADS; cow & calf,
bed, pot. Son EVIN -100 acres joining WIDOW BETTS & my new
land where WILLIAM KEETER now lives containing 64 acres; 3
cows & calves, 3 ewes. Eldest daughter DOROTHY JONES- 2 cows
& calves. Daughter MARY JONES -bed, basin, etc.
Ex. eldest son JOHN JONES, brother JARNAS JONES
Wit. ABEL ROSS, JOSHUA GAMBLING, JOHN WALLIS

247. JOHN JONES 23 Mar 1719/20 - 23 Dec 1723 (before William
Reed)Of Pasquotank. "Very sick and Weeck in bodey"
Father-in-law JNO. ROLFE & my mother ELIZTH. ROLFE -all my
lands during their lives, & then to my aunt MARY BORD that
"was to her to Sons" (land on Lawsons Creek up Pasquotank
River) & to sd MARY's daughter land up Pasquotank River
joining White Oke Branch.
Ex. my mother ELIZTH. ROLFE
Wit. JOHN SOLLEY, JNO. ROLFE

248. JOHN JONES 12 Dec 1723 - (before John Parker) Letters
granted 3 Apr 1729 Sick and weak in body"
Friend DORITY MACKDANIEL -household goods, etc. Friend ELI
MACKDANIEL -all my lands.
Wit. THOMAS HEARENDEN, JOHN JENINGS, BENJAMIN SAWYER
Probated in Pasquotank Precinct

249. JOHN JONES 12 May 1727 - 15 May 1727 (before Richd.
Everard) Of Chowan Precinct. "Very Sick and Weak in body"
Servant TOM ANDENER -bc free at my death. Granddaughtcr
ELIZABETH JONES thc daughter of DAVID JONES -clothes, chest.
Son WILLIAM -money due me from HENRY BONNER. HENERY BONNER
-5 iron wedges. Rest of estate to 4 of my children: JOHN,
ELIZABETH, THOMAS & DAVID.
Ex. friend SAMUEL PADETH
Wit. THOS. JONES, DAVID JONES, WM. YATES

250. JOHN JONES SR. 17 Mar 1735/6 - May Ct 1736 (before Jno.
Wynns) Of Bertie Precinct, Albemarle Co. "Sick in body"
Son JAMES -negro fellow Mingoe, bed, clothes, etc. Son
FREDERICK -my land, only reserving 1/3 of it to my wife
MARTHA; also to my sd son negro fellow Ned, wench Rose (&
her first 2 children to my daughter MARY BONNER & my
daughter ANNE COTTEN. Wife MARTHA- the household goods that
were hers before we married. Daughter PRUDENCE WILLIAMS
-girl Mary; etc. Grandson ABRAHAM JONES - girl Nan. Grandson
JOHN JONES -girl Judith; etc. Wife -rest of my movable
estate during her life, & then to my sons JOSEPH & JOHN
JONES, my daughter ANN COTTEN, my granddaughter MARY BONNER.
Trustees of my will: JOHN BROWN, JOHN BATTLE, WILLIAM MEARS.
Other legacies.
Ex. son JOHN JONES
Wit. P. HANFORD, JAMES DOUGLAS, ELIZABETH QUIN

251. PETER JONES 2 Apr 1731 - Letters issued 24 May 1733
"Sick & Weak" Son PETER JONES -plantation where I now live;
mare. Son ROBBART JONES -374 acres on Mash Swamp; mare.
Daughter SARAH JONES -2 cows & calves. Daughter MARTHA JONES
-2 cows & calves. Wife SARAH JONES -rest of my estate. .
Ex. wife
Wit. WM. WILLIAMS, WILLIAM PAUL

252. SAMUELL JONES 30 Sep 1723 - 1726 (before Thos. Lowther)
Of Corotuck Precinct. "Week in body"
Son THOMAS JONES -1sh. Sons SAMUELL & WILLIAM JONES -my land
called Thurrefare Ridge. Son -ZIAYAH & ZACKARYAH (a minor)
-plantation where I now live.
Ex. friends WILLIAM WILLIAMS, THOMAS DAYES
Wit. MARGRET CHROSMAN, DANLL. PHILLIPS

253. SARAH JONES widow May 1722 - Letters granted 30 Mar
1723 Of Bath Co. "Sick and weak of Body"
Daughter MONING MITEM -1 crown. Daughter CHARITY SHUTE -1
crown. Grandson JEAMS SMITH SR. -colt, horse. Daughter
ELIZABETH CARNEY -1 crown. Daughter MARY SMITH widow
-household goods, pestle at GIL SHEN(?).
Ex. daughter MARY SMITH widow
Wit. FRANCIS DELAMARE, JOHN MARTIN, THOMAS DAVIS

254. WILLIAM JONES 4 May 1722 - Letters granted 28 Mar 1723
Of Chowan Precinct & Albemarle Co. "Sick and weak of body"
Son JOHN JONES -my plantation near the Rich Thikitt in
Virginia where he now lives for his life & then to his 2
sons JOHN & JAMES JONES; also I00 acres joining Deep Run
Swamp, Chandlers Vale, for his life & then to his sons DAVID
& WILLIAM JONES; also negro man Toney. Son HENRY JONES -100
acres where I now live for his life & then to his son
WILLIAM JONES. WILLIAM LYSLES -100 acres where I now live
called Phillip Walstons, joining Chandlers Vale. Son CHARLES
JONES -100 acres where I now live called Branches Ould
Field. Daughter JEANE LYSLE, son JOHN JONES, daughter
ELlZATH. SPIERS, daughter DORATHY WALSTON, son HENRY JONES
-rest of my estate. Other legacies.
Ex. THOMAS LUTEN
Wit. ROBERT FULLERTON, MARY DREACE, MARY FULLERTON

255. WILLIAM JONES 9 Jan 1722 - Letters granted 4 Apr 1733
Of Chowan Precinct.
Son JOHN JONES -land where he now lives for his life & then
to his son WILLIAM JONES; also 100 acres where my son HENRY
JONES now lives, & then to his son WILLIAM; also negro man
Tony. Son HENRY JONES- 100 acres where he now lives for his
life & then to his son WILLIAM JONES. WILLIAM LYLE -
plantation with l00 acres called Phillip Walstons. Son
CHARLES JONES -land on Deep Run Swamp joining Chandlers
Vale, during his life & then to his son JOHN JONES. Grandson
WILLIAM JONES son of THOMAS JONES dec'd -land. Daughter JANE
LISLES -mare. HENRY LISLE SR. -horse. HENRY LISLES JR. -saw.
Granddaughler DOROTHY LISLES -bed. Rest of my estate to 5 of
my grandsons: WILLIAM son of JANE LISLES, WILLIAM LEWSE son
of ELIZABETH SPIERS, WILLIAM son of HENRY JONES, WILLIAM son
of DOROTHY WALSTONE, WILLIAM son of JOHN JONES. Other legacies.
Wit. FRANCES (HANNAR) HOWCOTT, HANAH LUTEN, THOS. LUTEN JR.

256. WILLIAM JONES 15 Mar 1736 - 20 May 1736 (before W.
Smith) Of Bartie Precinct, Albermarle Co. "very Sick and
weak in Bodey"
Wife ANN -all my cattle, hogs, 6 cows & calves, to be
delivered to my son EAPHRAM. Should there be an unborn
child, then it to receive 4 cows & calves. Other legacies.
Ex. friend FRANCIS HOPSON, HENRY JERNIGAN
Wil. BENNET BLACKMAN, HENRY BAKER JR.

257. WM. HARDING JONES 2 Jan 1730 - 27 Jul 1732 (before Jno.
Palin) Of Eastern Parish of Chowan Precinct in Albermarle Co.
Wife ANN JONES -4000 acres on Roanoak River in Bertie
Precinct (1 have sold 300 acres of it to ELLIS HODGES of
same precinct). Brother FREDERICK JONES -(torn). Brothers
FREDERICK & THOS. JONES -all my hooks; also residue of my
estate.
Wit. GEO. ALLEYN, SAMLL. SNOWDEN, MATTHEW YOUNG

This thread: