JEWSBURY-L Archives

Archiver > JEWSBURY > 2004-04 > 1081315583

From: (Amy Moseley Rupp)
Subject: Re: JEWSBERRY and DEWSBURY and Jewsbury
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 00:26:23 -0500 (CDT)

> I have just come across a William Jewsbury father of Mary Jewsbury. They
> were living in Birmingham in 1839.
> Mary was born in about 1818, so William was born sometime before 1800.

Are you referring to the 1839 marriage of Mary Jewsbury, June quarter,
volume 16 page 362? I'd love to know the groom's name; three of the
four possibilities are BRAMALL, DARBY, and HOPKINS.

If you have the certificate, then it should list William's occupation
and the place the ceremony was held in.

There is a William Jewsbury marrying a Mary Wildman/Wileman in 1816
at Clifton Campbell, Staffs, who could be the parents of your Mary.

I also have a William/Mary couple who had at least the following
children:

Richard Joseph b. 1828
William Henry b. 1830
Elizabeth b. 1834

I've been able to trace William Henry, who was a labourer in
a gas works. He and his siblings were christened at St Philip's
in Birmingham. I took those entries from the IGI, so have no
idea whether or not the parish register lists William's occupation,
because the IGI (sadly) does not record occupational information.
I also don't have William Henry's marriage certificates (he
married twice).

Do any of these details fit?

This thread: