JESSE-JAMES-L Archives

Archiver > JESSE-JAMES > 2011-05 > 1305489907

From: "John Philip Adams" <>
Subject: Re: [JESSE-JAMES] Trying to Connect my G-G- Grandfatherto James Clan
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 15:05:07 -0500
References: <df352.5ec564bc.3b00698d@aol.com> <9D4FD72A276ED04CBA0E38A7C0B800462164AA26A4@pmismsg.promedins.com> <8CDE1423E2D920C-1D80-505C3@webmail-m140.sysops.aol.com><9D4FD72A276ED04CBA0E38A7C0B800462164AA26B9@pmismsg.promedins.com>
In-Reply-To: <9D4FD72A276ED04CBA0E38A7C0B800462164AA26B9@pmismsg.promedins.com>

ONE of his boys, first born, was named MARK.
I think I have seen Marcus somewhere. NONE of his CSA muster rolls show
anything but ML or M. James
8th Arkansas dismounted Cavalry. I believe his was in the Tennessee
campaigns.
JPA
Texas

From:
[mailto:] On Behalf Of John Adams
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2011 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: [JESSE-JAMES] Trying to Connect my G-G- Grandfather to James
Clan

His initials were ML surname James. GOOD LEAD though.
jpa

From:
[mailto:] On Behalf Of Jean Shroyer
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2011 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: [JESSE-JAMES] Trying to Connect my G-G- Grandfather to James
Clan

In my Austin line from Lunenburg Co., VA, Rutherford Co., TN (Murfreesboro),
I have the given name of Marcus Lafayette or Marquis de Lafayette mentioned
for children of this clan. Probably a famous given name issued to children
by their parents at one time.

However, this clan of Austin's relate to the Covington's, Hankins, Coxes,
Loves, Rice, Alday, Heard family lines of Lunenburg, Halifax and
Pittsylvania Co., VA earlier in 1740-1750's then they moved to NC and TN
later. Some moved to MO to TX in migration. I do have a James Monroe Woods
Austin son of Owen Edw. Austin of Rutherford Co.TN to DeWitt Co., TX
(Clinton) whose brothers (James') was called Marcus Lafayette Austin. If
names run in family lines and generations then do you feel there is a
similarity with regions, migration and connection to any of my names here?
Email if you wish.

Jean

From: John Adams <>
Sent: Sun, May 15, 2011 7:07 am
Subject: Re: [JESSE-JAMES] Trying to Connect my G-G- Grandfather to James
Clan

Does anyone recognize the name Marcus or ML James Born @1830 in either
Clearwater, Missouri or Coldwater, Mississippi. He dies in Camp Cook,
Illinois
s a CSA POW. His children are in Bonham, Texas during the War and are my
ancestors. I believe these are the James Relatives Frank And Jesse visited
while
Quantrill wintered his troops in Fannin Co., Texas.
hanks
John Philip Adams
Texas

from:
[mailto:]
n Behalf Of
sent: Saturday, May 14, 2011 6:26 PM
o:
subject: Re: [JESSE-JAMES] Trying to Connect my G-G- Grandfather to James
Clan

eany...I am a Roark. My family are cousins of Coles/Jesse James....etc.
esse James have visited places that people don't know about such as Ashe
ounty, NC. ...Grayson County (Independence), Virginia.

have the original photo's of Jesse James when he was a teenager, his
other..Zerelda, his niece Minnie and Jesse James brother in law
(supposedly
llen Parmer) with his 2nd wife who was an Ogden. I got a photo of Archie
s a baby. *I was so glad these photos was passed down to my father and
other after Grandma passed away. Her mother was Mary Cole and her father
was
oseph Roark. (Jesse James was in Grayson County, Virginia...Independence.)
wonder why they call his brother in law Allen Parmer. (Not correct name).

n a message dated 5/14/2011 2:59:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:
My ggrandmother Elizabeth Florence Fogle Lamley was born Feb.24,1837.Two
f
er sisters married James men.I presume she ment while she was still living
ith her parents but don't know for sure.She did claim her brother's in law
ere kin to theJames boys though.I also believe that Jesse was seen in Tn
nd Ky as well as Mo for many years after his mother identified his body.I
uess we will never know for sure.
eany