JAGGER-L Archives

Archiver > JAGGER > 2001-11 > 1006081739

Subject: [JAGGER] Re: JAGGERS -Farnley, Yorkshire
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 06:08:59 EST

In a message dated 11/17/2001 2:23:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

Hi Rachael,

I too am looking for Jaggers in the Farnley area. I have managed to get back
to a Hannah Jagger born about 1846-7 time to a William Jagger (info from her
marriage cert and 1881 census record). My problem is there were two born in
the right area about this time, I tried applying for the birth certs stating
I would only be interested in buying it if only one of these was the daughter
of William. I had one confirmed as the daughter of William but no answer on
the other one.
Given this small hurdle and progress made about the same time on another more
local branch I gave up temporarily.
If / when you get a little further back ie something that may help me track
them down in the 1881 census let me know and I will see if I can help you
out. I have copies somewhere of the 1851 census pages for Jaggers around the
Farnley area.
Another point that may be of interest to you is I received info via another
list last year that Mick Jaggers ancestors have been traced back to Farnley
in the mid 1800's, and if you find a link to him you are also related to a
Joseph Hobson Jagger (aka the man who broke the bank at Monte Carlo.)

wrote:

> Classification: Query
> Message Board URL:
> http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/IEl.2ACIB/79.1
> Message Board Post:
>
> Jane
> I have a George Jagger in my tree, he wouldn't have been a son of William
and Mary but could be a grandson. He was married to Amy Slater and was a
manager for a cooperative grocery store. They had four children Maurice,
Nellie, Edna and Hilda. At present I have no information about his parents or
dates I have are related to Nellie (my grandmother) she was born in July 1898
and died 30 April 1979.
> Hopefully this information can be of use to you
> Rachael
> Brisbane Australia

This thread: