JACKSON-L Archives

Archiver > JACKSON > 2004-03 > 1079540802

Subject: [JACKSON] WILLIAM JACKSON b. ABT 1715 m. LUCIA TATUM ABT 1735
Date: 17 Mar 2004 09:26:42 -0700

Surnames: RANDLE, JACKSON, HOWE, COOK, GAMMON, TANT
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/Xgk.2ACEB/7663

Message Board Post:

Trying to find out correct parents for WILLIAM JACKSON who was b. ABT 1715 in either Surry Co. or Brunswick Co., VA. He m. Abt. 1735 LUCIA TATUM, daughter of PETER TATUM and MARY LYALL. They had a son, PETER JACKSON, b. ABT 1736 in Brunswick Co., VA. He m. SUSANNAH RANDLE, daughter of WILLIAM RANDLE and ANNE. [Some files have SUSANNAH RANDLE married to another JACKSON, either EPHRAIM or THOMAS.] I think she was most likely married to PETER, from the information I have.
(My interest in these Jacksons is through my ancestor, SUSANNAH RANDLE, so I'd like to place her with the correct JACKSON spouse, and his family.)

I have seen WILLIAM JACKSON'S father listed as THOMAS JACKSON, b. ABT. 1693; d. Bef. 24 SEP 1751 in Brunswick Co., VA; Spouse Unknown. THOMAS is listed as the son of JOHN JACKSON, b. Abt 1670 or 1675 in possibly Surry Co. VA, d. Abt. 1746 in Brunswick Co., VA, and REBECCA Unknown, b. Abt. 1672; m. Abt. 1692. Some files have JOHN (possible father of THOMAS) as the son of WILLIAM JACKSON, b. abt. 1650; d. 16 Jan 1710.
I have also seen some files that have entirely different names for the parents of WILLLIAM JACKSON, who is supposed father of PETER JACKSON.

There were several court deeds with the names of PETER JACKSON and his wife, SUSANNAH.
Also, WILLIAM RANDLE named his daughter, SUSANNAH JACKSON, in his will, dated 19 Oct 1770 in Bruswick Co., VA.
To confuse things even more, I have seen Randle files, stating Susannah's parents were John Randle and Mary Johns. I believe that her parents were William Randle and Ann Unknown.
Can anyone tell me who PETER JACKSON'S correct father is? Also, who are the parents of WILLIAM JACKSON who married LUCIA TATUM?

This thread: