IVESTER-L Archives

Archiver > IVESTER > 2003-09 > 1064207614

From: Edna Cole <>
Subject: Re: [IVESTER] Ivester - ID - Part 1 - Sept. 1, 2003
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:13:34 -0700 (PDT)

Emma see below.

In a message dated 9/11/2003 6:10:06 PM Central Daylight Time,

> wrote:If you know any of these folks please let us know.
> from Keowee Courier Newspaper Records - still need to ID these folks:
> 4. Ivester, Alfred - md Flora Littleton in 1926 THIS IS ARNOLD ALFRED S/O

Hi Edna,
See - your phone call today helped...

Just a quick question on this one.

I have him listed as James Alford Arnold Ivester.
In 1910 he is James H.
In 1920 he is Alford
In 1930 he is Alfred A.

What do you think????

Emma, I think the enumerators were partaking of some moonshine. Now, to further confuse the issue; Georgia Deaths Index shows him as Arnold Ivester, d. 1 Oct 1987 in Habersham County, and the SSDI has him as Arnold A. Ivester, b. 13 Oct 1902; d. 15 Oct 1987. I still think they are all one and the same person. It is interesting how many Ivesters reverse their first and middle names.

This thread: