IVESTER-L Archives

Archiver > IVESTER > 2003-09 > 1064207614

From: Edna Cole <>
Subject: Re: [IVESTER] Ivester - ID - Part 1 - Sept. 1, 2003
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:13:34 -0700 (PDT)

Emma see below.

wrote:
In a message dated 9/11/2003 6:10:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

> wrote:If you know any of these folks please let us know.
>
> from Keowee Courier Newspaper Records - still need to ID these folks:
>
> 4. Ivester, Alfred - md Flora Littleton in 1926 THIS IS ARNOLD ALFRED S/O
> EDWARD NEWELL IVESTER AND ALPHA MARTIN

Hi Edna,
See - your phone call today helped...

Just a quick question on this one.

I have him listed as James Alford Arnold Ivester.
In 1910 he is James H.
In 1920 he is Alford
In 1930 he is Alfred A.

What do you think????
Emma

Emma, I think the enumerators were partaking of some moonshine. Now, to further confuse the issue; Georgia Deaths Index shows him as Arnold Ivester, d. 1 Oct 1987 in Habersham County, and the SSDI has him as Arnold A. Ivester, b. 13 Oct 1902; d. 15 Oct 1987. I still think they are all one and the same person. It is interesting how many Ivesters reverse their first and middle names.
Edna

This thread: