IVESTER-L Archives

Archiver > IVESTER > 2003-09 > 1062429264

Subject: Re: [IVESTER] La Stuart Ivester
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 11:14:24 EDT

In a message dated 09/01/2003 7:13:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> Fran -
> This is Lacey Stuart Ivester and his wife Dolly Billings. Interesting isn't
> it - the name listed as La. But who is the Dolly Ivester who died
> 11-23-1913????

Emma, Yes, this is Lacy Stewart Ivester (my father's brother - s/o of the
Louise we discussed yesterday). He was named after 1st Lt. Lacy Stewart of
Habersham (father of Trist) who died in the Civil War at Chancellorsville - buried
at Fredricksburg, VA. My uncle L.A.'s wife's name was Dolly Billings
Ivester... she came from Billings, Montana and was part of the family who founded
Billings, Montana. I have no clue as to the other Dolly Ivester who died in
1913.

This thread: