ITA-FRIULI-VENEZIA-GIULIA-L Archives

Archiver > ITA-FRIULI-VENEZIA-GIULIA > 2008-07 > 1215712236

From: TRACEY COLEMAN <>
Subject: Re: [ITA-FRIULI-VENEZIA-GIULIA] ALEXANDER GIOVANNI BERGAMINI
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:50:36 -0400

There are two similar Alexander Bergamini names that I can find at Ancestry.com; or, the listings are for the same person, but with different data recorded for them.

One is listed as having died at age 57 in Louisian in 1865; the other was still living at age 83 or so, and resided in a lunatic asylum in England. One was formerly a cabinet maker, then later, a grocer; the other is listed as grocer on the lunatic asylum patient rolls.

Both at some point must have stated that they were born in Italy, however, the one in the 1891 english census states that at that time, he was born in Aldergate, England.

One apparently lived a great deal of their time in England, the other went back and forth between the UK and the USA, but lived in Lousiana at the time of their death.

Both were born in 1808.

If this sounds at all familiar, let me know and I can do some in depth searching for you.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag, carrying a cross." ~ Sinclair Lewis > From: > To: > Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:31:24 -0500> Subject: [ITA-FRIULI-VENEZIA-GIULIA] ALEXANDER GIOVANNI BERGAMINI> > I am looking for proof of birth on Alexander Giovanni Bergamini that was suposed to be born in Trieste, Italy. Any proof of him living there would be good too. Born 1808 and lived in New York and then New Orleans, Louisiana. He was a merchant. I can't find any place he entered the US even though I have looked at every port of entry. Thank you very much for any help you can give me. > > B> > -------------------------------> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_072008

This thread: