From: "Ellen Woods" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] State of Illinois vital recordsonlinedatabase...
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 21:58:27 -0500

Hey, anybody out there?

I tried to send a couple emails to this IRISH-IN-CHICAGO group & I'm not
sure they were ever received. Can somebody help by telling me if THIS
method works? (Sorry to piggyback onto this other message, but hey...
trying anything here.)

Does anyone have information that their families came to Chicago after
having been, or after having lived in, Oswego, NY in or around 1892? I have
family that moved after a fire at a major employer in Oswego -- the
Kingsford corn starch factory -- and I'm wondering if maybe they came with
others. My great grandfather worked at Lawler's Grocery Store at 26th and
Lowe around 1900. They were always south siders. Anybody?!?

Thanks, all!

Ellen