From: Jerry Kattke <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Francis Miller stone wall
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 20:23:26 -0500

I'm stuck with Francis (or maybe Frank) MILLER. I posted this on the
Cook county list and got a few good ideas; does someone here have any?

Thanks
Jerry Kattke

1821: born in Ireland (Tipperary, according to son John Francis' death
record)

1850: living in Chicago (census); infant daughter Mary recently died

1856 (28 sep): son John Francis baptized, St. Bridget, Chicago

1856/57: Chicago city directory, butcher on Liberty near Clark; in US
7 years

1856 Chicago city directory: shoemaker, Clark bt Twelfth and Liberty

1860: living in Chicago (census)

1862 (20 dec): daughter Anne baptized, Old St. John's, Chicago

1870: family does not appear in census

1880: wife Bridget listed in census as a widow

Most of family buried at Mt. Olivet, but Francis does not appear in
any Chicago Catholic cemetery record or at Graceland (have not yet
checked Rosehill or Oak Woods)

This thread: