Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Catholic Church in Bridgeport area
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 01:32:49 +0000 (UTC)

I believe Maureen is correct and Nativity is still there. I was up there a month ago and took pictures of my and my wife's relatives homes. It really has not changed much, but then I did not grow up there to make that statement.

Bill
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 11:06:47 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

Margaret,

The only pre 1905 Catholic church in the area which was predominately Irish
 was Nativity at 37th and Union according to a historic map of parishes
that I  have.  All churches closer to 31st and Normal catered to Polish,
German,  Bohemian residents.  Nativity parish dates from 1868.

Maureen N

In a message dated 4/10/2009 9:53:50 A.M. Central Daylight Time,