From: Bill King <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Catholic Church in Bridgeport area
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:35:11 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

St. Bridget's was establishes as a mission of Old St. Patrick's in 1847 at Archer and Arch. This would be the first Irish church in the Bridgeport area. The address is about 1 mile due east of 31st and Normal. Records of the church date from 1854. Prior records would be in the Old St. Patrick's records. St. Bridget's closed a number of years ago.