Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Washburn St
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:35:02 EST

Doug,

Washburne Avenue still exists. It is an East - West street between 12th St.
(Roosevelt Road) and 13th street.

The closest church I show from a map of churches at that time is St. Charles
Borromeo at Roosevelt Rd and Hoyne. The church was built in 1885 and closed
in 1968. The records are stored at the Archdiocese of Chicago Archives.
_http://archives.archchicago.org/_ (http://archives.archchicago.org/) .
This church does not show an ethnic affinity. The second closest church is St.
Pius V at 1919 S. Ashland. The church is still open and records are kept at
the church. This parish had an Irish affinity. Also a possibility is Holy
Family Church at Roosevelt Road and May Street. Parish records are held at
the church.

Maureen N

In a message dated 2/20/2009 2:31:38 P.M. Central Standard Time,