From: "Bonnie Brown" <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Marriage Applications--Cook County
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:47:19 -0600

Earlier this year, I participated in a thread about the contents of Cook
County Marriage License applications (either here or on another Cook/Chicago
list, I can't remember which!). I promised then I'd report what I learned
from the application I ordered from the County Clerk. When I ordered, the
clerk argued with me: there's no more info on it than on the certificate,
blaa blaa blaa, but I ordered it anyways. They DO have a "key" for Marriage
application on their system. It's $15, just like the certificate.

Well, my order arrived this week. The marriage I ordered was from 1946.
There are blanks on the form for names of bride and groom, ages (years), and
BIRTHDATES, whether married before (widowed, divorced), whether they're
blood relatives, signatures of both bride and groom, and ADDRESS of both
bride and groom. Also a signature of the County Clerk and Deputy.

Now I can't promise that every bride and groom filled out the forms entirely
(mine did!), but the blanks are there.

So much for no additional information! I'll sure order the application in
the future. Hope this helps

Bonnie

This thread: