Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] margaret sheehan talbot.
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:09:53 EST

Eileen, I found two possible Margaret Talbots in the census, but neither is a
perfect match. In 1900 there's a Margaret (age 49) and Edward Talbot, both
born in Ireland, can't make out the street name. Children Mary, Margaret, David,
daughter whose name I can't make out, Ed Jr., and James. That Margaret too
old for yours, but children's names promising. Unfortunately, they don't show up
in later censuses.

In 1910 there's a TJ and Margaret Talbot on what looks like Haward. She's age
38, about right, but census says she was born in Canada. Children Irene,
Mildred, and Thomas. By 1920 they're on Jackson, she's age 45, and I can't read
her birthplace. Children Mildred and Thomas. However, her obituary says her
maiden name was O'Leary. She's a very long shot.

There were 18 John Sheehans born in Ireland in the 1910 census, 4 James, and
no David. Would need to know more about John and James to narrow them down.

If someone has access to the Chicago city directories from that era, they
might be able to find Edward Talbot on a street that resembles Harper or Harbor.

Diane

This thread: