From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Hotel on Michigan Avenue in the 50s - TheStevens Hotel/Hilton
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 20:04:29 -0800 (PST)

My father worked the bar at the Stevens Hotel located in the 700 S. block of Michigan Ave. at Balbo (hotel backs up to Wabash - State is the next block west) during the late 30's and early 40's.  Of all the famous people he served regularly, the two he liked best because they were friendly and down to earth were Clark Gable and Martha Raye.

Judie Mason
Chicago