From: Fred Boland <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] IRISH-IN-CHICAGO Digest, Vol 4, Issue 20
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 00:04:35 -0600

The Aragon was on the North side and its sister dance palace the Trianon
was on the South side. Both were huge, ornate structures done in Spanish
architecture with balconies, and White clouds and stars floating across
a blue sky ceiling. Always a great orchestra. My then-to-be wife and I
danced at both many times until WWII. The Trianon is long gone. The
Aragon is still there but I don't know what shape it's in, and, of
course, there are no more bands or music of that quality