Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Hotel on Michigan Avenue in the 50s
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 22:36:47 EST

Alice,

I don't know where Lawrence Welk played, but the hotels along Michigan
Avenue were:
The Pick Congress, the Blackstone, The Stevens (now the
Hilton). If it were in a hotel
on Michigan Avenue, my guess would be the Stevens,
one of the largest hotels in the
world at the time.
Maureen N

In a message dated 2/14/2009 8:55:00 P.M. Central Standard Time,