Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] O'Tooles in 1900
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 22:33:18 +0000 (UTC)

Listers,

I have been looking for my O'Toole relations in the 1900 census to no avail. I have them in the 1910, 1920, and 1930 census, but the 1900 census in Chicago eludes me.

My great grandfather was John Joseph O'Toole, Sr. He emigrated to the US in 1882, according to the 1910 census.

My great grandmother was Hannah Morrissey (Morrison on marriage certificate) O'Toole. She emigrated to the US in 1874, according to the 1910 census.

My grandfather was Edwin C. O'Toole (third in birth order). He was born 1893 in Chicago.

His siblings were (in birth order): John Joseph Jr., Loretto Marea, Harold Kenry, Francis Joseph, Lawrence, Hannah Marie, & Mary Margaret. Lawrence, Hannah, and Mary would not be on the 1900 census, as they were not born yet.

I have checked variant spellings to no avail on Ancestry. Maybe another pair of eyes will help.

Bill

This thread: