Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] IRISH-IN-CHICAGO Digest, Vol 4, Issue 11
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:55:19 EST

Since the Illinois Statewide Marriage Index has the records for Cook County
to 1900, I think that Family Search is making the records from 1900-1920
available first (hence the 66% complete figure).

At present the LDS has the microfilms up to 1920. The huge project is to
digitize all their microfilms and index them. I don't know if they are
continuing to get permission to microfilm additional records as they become
available. I would think that their missionaries are still actively doing that
around the world.

Their other great addition is working with World Vital Records and Footnote,
and other genealogical entities to make access to many (not all) of their
records available at the Family History Centers. Check out your nearest FHC to
see what else you can find for free. Take your travel drive with you to
save the "goodies" if they have a scanner or your digital camera if they don't.

Margaret McCarthy
**************Inauguration '09: Get complete coverage from the nation's
capital. (http://news.aol.com/main/politics/inauguration?ncid=emlcntusnews00000003)

This thread: