Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] [COOK-CO-IL] Divorce Records
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 17:54:10 EST

OMG

I've been waiting for just this type of index.

>From what I've found out (and I've only scratched the surface) there is no
index for pre-1950ish records. A couple could go to almost any court and
start the process. Such as, Circuit, Superior, County, City, etc. And each
court had their own way of keeping records.

Woof.

It's the same was with old Naturalization records. Although, an index does
exist today, but it does not include all the "first papers," Declaration for
Citizenship.

Karen
Laguna Niguel, CA
headlines. (http://news.aol.com?ncid=emlcntusnews00000002)