Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] genealogy help for the Swedish side of yourfamily/ nn help on my Hayden family
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:07:58 EST

Hi,

I have noticed that some emails in the past have mentioned that they also
have a Swedish side of their families.

I found that Genline's Kathy Meade will be at the Arlington Heights Public
Library on January 14, and is offering 30 minute sessions of help on finding
Swedish ancestors in Sweden using the Genline online database. She is very
knowledgeable and helpful. I have signed up for a 30 minute session that day.

_http://www.ahml.info/evanced/lib/eventcalendar.asp?pointer=&num=0&rts=&kw=&dt=mo&ds=&de=&sd=&mo=1/1/2009&df=calendar&nopw=&pub=1&nopub=&page=&pgdisp=
&EventType=ALL&Lib=&AgeGroup=&LangType=0_
(http://www.ahml.info/evanced/lib/eventcalendar.asp?pointer=&num=0&rts=&kw=&dt=mo&ds=&de=&sd=
&mo=1/1/2009&df=calendar&nopw=&pub=1&nopub=&page=&pgdisp=&EventType=ALL&Lib=&AgeGroup=&LangType=0)

On Irish in Chicago genealogy - does anyone have any information on the
Hayden family in Enfield Township, White County Illinois? I found that my
Pierce Hayden and his wife Mary (Gaul), moved from Chicago to southern Illinois in
the 1870s to farm; I still don't know why. It seems they had a very hard
life there. Mary kept having children and they died young. Their final child
died at a month old and Mary died the following month. The IRAD Archives at
SIU has been very helpful with death info when it was not available in the
online State of Illinois Death Database. The eldest sons seemed to have stayed
in Chicago. I have information on most of them. One or two of the sons
born in Enfield Township seem to have returned to Chicago; I am now researching
them.

The Haydens I have contacted in Chicago, know nothing about that part of the
family having moved to Enfield Township - a big mystery.

Sound familiar to anyone on the list?

Maureen N
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.