From: "Alvie & Susan Richmond" <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Bridget Rock Clark (brick wall)
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 14:13:01 -0600

Hello, List!
I am searching for information on Bridget Clark, nee Rock. Born about 1819 in Ireland>New York>Chicago. She is in the 1850 Census with Philip Clark and 6 children. In 1860 Philip is married to someone else and has a 4 year-old child. So, Bridget likely died between late 1850 and before 1855. Can't locate a grave, obituary, or death notice of any kind. And I can't find out anything about her before 1850, except that she and Philip were married Oct 10, 1841, and they had at least 4 children, the youngest being born in September 1850. There is also a Joseph Rock, a few years younger than Bridget, who lived in the same neighborhood beginning in the 1860 census and continuing through the 1880 census. Part of the time he was even on the same street. Could Joseph and Bridget be siblings?
I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who might have information on the Rock family!
Thanks!
Susan, Wappapello, MO.

This thread: