From: patricia meyers <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] MURPHY/CAVANAGH/KAVANAGH
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 14:16:28 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to trace a Patrick Murphy who was in Chicago in the late 1850s and had a sister Margaret Murphy Kavanagh/Cavanaugh or any variations.  Does anyone have these two in their families?

At this time, Margaret lived in York Twp, DuPage, and is married to Felix Kavanagh.  She is godmother to a child at Old St Mary's along with Patrick Murphy as godfather.

Need plenty of help...too many Patrick Murphys to check out in the census especially when I know nothing about him.  He may have died in 1874 which complicates things.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Patti Meyers
Oak Lawn

This thread: