Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] 1884 Partial Poll List
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 07:38:27 EDT

Looking for my great-grandfather Patrick Ryan who lived at 3308 South Halsted
(1880 Federal census) and at 3759 South Lowe (1888, 1890, 1892 Chicago Voter
Registration).

My grandmother (Patrick's daughter) always voted, and said that her father
felt it was our duty to vote and that he was always the first in line to vote at
any election. When the Chicago Voter Registration lists were published I
found Patrick actually had ballot #2 in 1890 -- a family myth only partially
verified -- Patrick had #250 in 1888 (no ballot numbers are listed for 1892). As
grandma was only 13 when her father died in 1900, I can understand why she
wanted to hold on to that special memory.
Kathleen Richmond
Oak Forest

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life
financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information,
tips and calculators.