From: patricia meyers <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Fw: New features added to the Online RecordSearch
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 21:05:01 -0700 (PDT)

Looks promising....
Patti Meyers
Oak Lawn, IL

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Irish Family History Foundation <>
Sent: Friday, September 5, 2008 7:37:23 PM
Subject: New features added to the Online Record Search

Dear Ms patti meyers,

New features added to Irish Genealogical Online Record Search System
In our continued effort to improve our Online Record Search the IFHF is please to announce the addition of some important new features:

- The facility to narrow the search by entering the first name and surname of the father of the birth/baptismal record that you are searching for, which will reduce the number of records returned in any search.

- When on the individual county sites, you also have the ability to narrow your search by Parish. The list of available Parishes now also shows the denomination of the Parish. For a list of the Denominations please see the FAQ.

- The removal of many duplicate records from the system that were caused by human error in transcribing the records, by records being recorded in more than one register or by the integration of computer systems.

- All records are now clearly marked to indicate whether they are church or civil records.

- All the counties’ birth, baptismal death and marriage records online, including those of Co. Meath, as well as all available census records, are now available on the all-Ireland Central Search http://ifhf.brsgenealogy.com.

- Quicker method of unsubscribing from Email updates (see note below).

We are working to make more records available and to add further counties to the online service. When this come available we will notify you by email if you are on the distribution lists. See note below if you do not wish to receive any further email updates.

Yours sincerely
IFHF

Note: You received this message because you are registered with one or more of the Irish Family History Foundation websites. However, if you don't want to receive emails from us we won't send them! To unsubscribe from future email alerts, login to any of the above sites and alter your Mailing List preferences under My Account or click here to unsubscribe from all email notifications.

This thread: