Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Presentation Parish 1940's
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:26:12 EDT

In a message dated 8/22/2008 7:43:12 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

I went to Presentation K thru 2. I lived, I think, at 3642 West Lexington
in Chicago.
Maureen Ferriter

WOW! I had a different experience about 15 years ago. My apartment bldg.
was gone, the neighborhood was really in need of repair and the church was
gone. The school was still there. It was a very depressed area. I am glad to
hear it has improved.
I remember the nun who would hit the auditorium stage with a broom during
lunch time if she thought it was too noisy. That was her signal that no one
could talk until she hit the stage again.
I remember Sister Mary St. Norbert was on THIS IS YOUR LIFE because she had
taught Pat O'Brienand was a voice from the past. The BVM's in Phoenix, Az
told us to watch that night and see one of their own. Turned out she had
taught me in 2nd grade at Presentation.

deal here.