From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Cook County Site
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 13:24:16 -0400

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Catherine Sherry
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:39:24 -0400
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Cert Diana

Diana much thanks to you Re: John P.Duffy (Duffy)
The only record we have of him in America, is the 1930 census - he's living
with his uncle James Phelps (Phillips) and wife Agnes Phelps in Chicago.
However We imagine that it was temporary accommodation. I know that he was
back in England in the late 1930's as he was present at his father's death
in 1937. I believe he worked for his uncle Myles Phillips (also Cook Co.)
who was a builder and that he had a bad accident, but which wasn't the
immediate cause of death. I believe he may have married late in life, but
don't think he had a family. He was still alive as far as far as we can
remember through the 1940's, and possibly a lot longer. I am also in search
for a death record for Myles Phillips (born 1864, wife Elizabeth), probably
in the 1940's?
Agin my sincere thanks for your interest
Eddie Cantwell

the

--

Go Cats!