From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Early Irish history: saloons,parks and dancehalls
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 21:22:24 -0700 (PDT)

Yep, Tommy Kraw's was on the northeast corner of 65th
and Kedzie and just across 65th on the same side of
the street at 6511 Kedzie was 6511 Club. I remember
that the bar in Tommy Kraw's was a big circular one in
the middle. They had a 4am license, so sometimes we
went in there after Flanagan's. It was a piano bar,
no? When I went in there, there was no dress code that
I was aware of, but that was when things had already
begun to slide downhill in the mid and late 80s.
One of the bars on 63rd, I just remembered was called
Lally's. It was on the north side of 63rd, next to
Marquette Photo. Man, I just cannot remember the names
of the others - they were there for years though.
A place in Bridgeport that my dad also went to was
called Cannon's, just remembered that one too.
We just need our memories shaken up a bit and pieces
start to rise to the surface.
Beth