From: Bill King <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Early Irish history: saloons,parks and dancehalls
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 20:13:28 -0400 (EDT)

On the South side dances were held in the 50's at the Regency Ballroom at 69th and Hasted and at the Viking Temple just East of Halsted on 69th. There was also the Blarney Club at 79th and Halsted that later moved to 87th and Wood. The Blarney Club and the Keymen's Club on the West side were owned by Carmel Quinn's husband. They billed themselves as "Ihe Crossroads of Irish Entertainment in Chicago". The Keymen's Club was in an old Khights of Columbus Hall. The letters "KC" had been cut into the limestone.