From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Early Irish history: saloons,parks and dancehalls
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:22:19 -0700 (PDT)

That's it Kay. I knew it was somewhere in that
vicinity.
There have been so many places over the years. Coming
forward in time, the 70s and most likely the 60s, I
remember the Irish places all along 63rd St near
Kedzie that were Irish, including some that I went to
starting in the 80s. The St Rita neighborhood had a
lot of Irish immigrants. There was 6511 Club (or
Flanagan's as we knew it) at 6511 S Kedzie, Kivlehan's
at Archer and Oak Park, Careys at 63rd & Menard. These
were all real Irish, not the fake Irish bars. And then
for a dance hall, was Glendora House at 101st &
Harlem. This doesn't even take into account all the
north side places.

Beth