Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Early Irish history: saloons,parks and dancehalls
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 02:35:45 EDT

We all know that saloons as well as churches were venues of solace for
immigrants. Can any descendants of Irish from County Sligo give me any information
about a "Flanley's" and a "Callaghan's" in Bridgeport or Canaryville
somewhere near the Stockyards? Also a "Begley's" (though possibly not fraom Sligo)
at 79th and Stony island Ave., and any others that may come to mind?And where
was the old "Gaelic park" situated? And were there any other gathering places
or dance halls for them?

A. Carroll