From: Annette <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Cook County Records
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 17:35:37 -0500

This was under the "more information" tab:

This historical record database is an exciting endeavor for the Clerk’s office. More than 6 million of the 8 million genealogy records are already searchable. And we will continue to add more as we bring our database up to date.

The state of Illinois requires that vital records are filed with county clerks. However, it is possible that a birth, death or marriage occurred and no official record was filed with the county clerk.

There are eight million genealogy records in the Cook County Bureau of Vital Records. Records are added to the database frequently. If your record does not appear, check back again.

> Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Cook County Records> > I was checking the marriages for Meyers and they only got as far as the "Ps"....> Patti>
Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more.