Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Mormon Baptism and Catholic Records
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:43:08 EDT

The LDS Church as licenses with the various bodies whose records they
microfilmed. Those licenses can be rescinded. If that happens, the records will
be pulled by the LDS. I suggest that anyone wanting to order films do so
quickly, just in case.

The Catholic Church takes all issues of a spiritual nature seriously. That
is why pagan rituals, witchcraft, etc. are a serious matter to the Church.

For what it's worth, I seem to recall that Jewish leaders were reluctant to
allow their records to be microfilmed by the LDS so the Mormons agreed not to
baptize members of the Jewish faith posthumously. How they would prevent
that being done by their members, I don't know, but that was what I heard. I
volunteer at an LDS Family History Center, so I hear tidbits of information
that I can't always verify or remember the source years later.

Margaret McCarthy