From: "Loree" <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Need help with Catholic parish in 1864
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:13:17 -0700

I'm looking for a record of a marriage, 14 January 1864, Cook County, which appears in the Illinois Statewide Database.

The Archdiocese archivist has written me that they would need the parish in order to find the record. These people moved back to New York sometime after the 1870 Census.... so I don't have any address or neighborhood.... only that they were in Ward 19 in that 1870 census. A sister of this family lived in Ward 17... probably all the same neighborhood and maybe parish, I would guess.

Is there a way to know what R.C. parish(es) might have been in or close to that Ward?

Also, the Ill. Index notes that their marriage is in the FINK index (I guess Cook Co. does not have the records of those years.) Is it worth my while to write to IRAD, Northeastern univ. for the whatever information is in the Fink Index?

I know these questions may be quite elementary.... but I'm somewhat at a loss, finding records in Cook county. I would appreciate any help.
Thank you.

Loree Muldowney

This thread: