Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Kankakee State Hospital
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 01:40:22 +0000

Judy/Denny,

I'm not sure there was or was not a Kankakee State Hospital. It would have been duplication for the area, though, as there was the Manteno State Mental Hospital just a few miles north of Kankakee. It was closed a few years ago and has been sectioned off. Part of it is owned by Nexus Corporation, some has been developed as residential single family homes, other parts are still being developed. It is next to the Veteran's Home outside of (east) Manteno proper.

Bill

From: Judith Mason <>