From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Kankakee State Hospital
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 13:49:51 -0700 (PDT)

Denny, I can't answer your questions regarding Kankakee State Hospital information but, do know that mental health records are only available with a court order.

Judie Mason
Chicago

wrote:
I may have identified a Gallagher relative who was listed as a patient of
Kankakee State Hospital in the 1920 U.S. Federal Census. Is this hospital still
in existance? Has anybody had any luck in getting patient information from
them?

Any ideas?

Denny McGirr
Charlotte, NC