From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] MASON & HANNAN (Hannen?)
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 08:19:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm actually researching the MASON surname in Parteen, Co. Clare just a short distance from Limerick City. I have the following information from here in Chicago IL and wonder if anyone can connect or provide any further information. My records show this family in Chicago as early as 1866. In some cases, the early Chicago city directories list my Clare Masons (bricklayers and stome masons) living with William.

MASON, WILLIAM & HANNON (Hannen/Hannan), MARGARET - marriage data unknown

1880 Chicago IL census
Mason, William 47 b. Ire.
Margaret 36 b. Ire.
Joseph 13 b. IL
Thomas 10/12 b. IL
Bridget 13 b. IL
Ellen 8 b. IL
William Jr. 6 b. IL
John 5 b. IL
James 2 b. IL

Chicago Daily News 3/23/1892
Mason, William aged 59 years 9 months beloved husband of Marguerite nee Hannen.
Member Brick Layers & Stonemasons
Residence 3817 W. Butler St.
High mass at Nativity Church to Calvary Cemetery
Co. Limerick papers please copy

note: there is mention of John Frawley as both brother and brother-in-law. I don't know the relationship.

Chicago Daily News 7/25/1893
Mason, Margaret nee Hannon d.at residence on 7/24/1893 at 49 years, 11 months.
Wife of the late Williliam. Funeral from residence 3817 W. Butler to Nativity Church. Interment Calvary Cemetery

Judie Mason
Chicago IL

This thread: