Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] SHINE
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 09:38:53 EDT

Patti wrote: <I went to grammar school with a Tom Shine whose father was also
Tom Shine. St. Sabina's parish on the south side of Chicago. Tom Jr would
have graduated from grammar school in 1952 so he was born about 1938. Tom Sr has
a brother (?) Dan Shine who lives in the Mt. Greenwood area. Dan is a friend
of an Irish cousin of mine, a Garvey, and Dan was married in either Donegal or
Mayo. Any connections?>

Patti
The SHINE obits I have do not contain references to a Tom or St. Sabina's,
but do have a Daniel who had brothers Joseph, John, Michael, James and Patrick.
This SHINE family was from New Market, County Cork, according to John's obit
in 1943. The funeral was at Nativity Church. My Jean SHINE McKee's father
was Joseph M. SHINE who died in 1954.
Kathleen Richmond
Oak Forest IL

Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with
Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.
(http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&amp;
?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)

This thread: