Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] SHINE
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 08:45:17 EDT

Simon wrote: I've just picked up on one of
your surnames; Shine. I don't know if there is any link...

Simon
After my mother died in 1997 and I started my genealogy, I remembered she
told me that she had cousins with the last name of SHINE and FISH, so I have
looked for those connections. Found that her dad's sister Kate married Nelson
FISH in Cass County Indiana in 1883 -- so have lots of FISH cousin names. No
luck with the SHINE search. All I have is a Jean SHINE who signed my
grandfather's funeral home visitor register in January 1941. Her address was 6557
Harvard Avenue. I have SHINE obits from the Chicago Tribune archives that shows a
Jean Shine became Jean McKee (husband Hugh who died in 1984). A 1971 obit for
a Lawrence Wilson has the Jean McKee name as his niece because a late wife was
Gertrude SHINE Wilson. That's all I have for the moment.

Kathleen Richmond
Oak Forest

Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking
with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.