From: "simon Lovett" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] SHINE
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 19:32:23 +0100

Kathleen

I know you posted this a LONG time ago but I've just picked up on one of
your surnames; Shine. I don't know if there is any link...
My Grandfathers mother was Ellen Shine - she apparently went to Chicago in
the 1920's after my Grandfathers Dad (they were not married) was killed in
the First World War. My mother was told she went to join a sister in Chicago
and did ask my Grandfather to join him; he declined as he'd been given up
for adoption at birth.
Any connection/

Simon Lovett